A project is a collection of tasks performed by one or more people. In 24SevenOffice, time management and projects are interconnected, but many also carry out project management without taking hours. If you have to lead hours, a project is required.
The project module provides an overview of all projects that are being worked on. You can have a quick list of all your projects, and easily go into a project to see what you want to know about each project and make changes to the project. On the project cover of a project, you get an overview of the project, which includes meetings, assignments, reports, recorded hours, opportunities, and more. Furthermore, you can go to the various tabs to see who the participants are, planning and gantt, documents, emails related to a project, and so on. There are many opportunities.
What should I think of to get started creating projects?
- It is important to streamline the work processes that you start in the right direction and think through what you want to use projects for, what you want to get out of it, and what is the best way for your company to work. What kind of projects should you have? Long-term work projects with long-term tasks? Projects on internal processes and routines? Projects going towards customers? Only projects for which hours should be taken? Only projects that are used as a dimension of accounting / invoice? What parts of the project module should be used? Spend some time defining usage by discussing these types of questions.
- Take a look at Project settings, to set up what types you want to categorize your projects, set up project statuses and sub-states, any number series for those who need to split projects into different number series, and personal settings.
- Quality assure also that the correct standard type of work is set up under the characteristics of the various projects.
- Look over Project roles Which project roles does the company want to use in connection with the various projects? And what should the various project roles have access to?
- How to create a new project is explained on the Create new Project page. When you click to create a new project, you fill in the name of the project, link it to the customer, set up whether it is rights-managed, and whether it is a multi-client project (explain what this is). Before clicking on the Create button, we recommend that you expand the text for "Time Record" if there is a project to be taken hours, and "More" to specify more properties for the project.
- There are also good reporting opportunities for getting information about projects, ranging from project-based accounting reports, to project statuses to project assignment reports. The project list report shows what is invoiced, hours, project information, accounting, status of the projects, type of project, who is the project manager, which customer the project is possibly linked to, start and end time for the project, and more. It can show hours, revenue and costs only for the period you are applying for.
- You can spend time on projects in the project module, as well as invoice projects directly from the project module.
- When you enter the project module, you will find project invoicing in the menu on the left. It provides a good overview of the billing of projects, and you can bill directly from here.