This option is located in the upper left corner of the main module page. Required fields for creating a project are Project Name and Project Number. Project number is entered automatically based on the next available number in your project number series and you select the desired name for the project upon creation. If you want to spend hours or bill against the project, it is important that you link it to a customer. By default, it is checked that the project is Rights-managed.
When creating the project, you will also be able to set the type of work to be used by default when registering hours against the project, whether to register hours for work types or tasks, and whether registered hours must be approved. You can further decide how the project should be named, the project start and end date, what type of project it is, what status it has and who should be the project manager.
Many of these options can be standardized under the Project Settings menu.You can also change these settings afterwards via the project card and the Properties tab.
Licensed vs. open project
The difference lies in who has access to the project and what functionality is available.
managed project * Ability to use all functionality
* Access is limited to participants invited to the project
* Only participants invited to the project can register hours against the project
* The project is open to all users who are registered as employees of your 24SevenOffice client and who have access to the project module
* It is not possible to invite external participants to the project
* You cannot restrict access via roles
* You cannot create tasks
* One cannot use resource planner
By ticking Multi-customer you can spend hours on several different customers on the same project. Once you have checked for Multi-customer, you will not get the project linked to a customer when the project is created - this is done when you spend hours on the project or bill registered hours.