The accounting module in 24SevenOffice is composed of a receipt, an approval module and an accounting module. In this way, vouchers can be sent directly to reception, or vouchers can be received directly by using electronic invoice receipt (EHF). The vouchers are pre-booked in receipt, and they can then proceed to the certification flow for one or more approvers to approve the voucher before it is posted. When using certification, rules can also be set for who should approve different types of documents, for example based on project manager, amount limits or permanent approvers.
Once the vouchers have been approved, they are then picked up in the accounting. It is also quite possible not to use the attestation of documents, and go directly from receipt to bookkeeping. Another possibility is that vouchers are first posted in the Accounting module by an accountant before being forwarded on the attestation flow. There are many ways in which ordering the flow of documents can be done. Routines vary from company to company, so a decision must be made on how your company wants to use the accounting module.
What should I think of to get started with the accounting module?
Here is a bulleted list of what to think about before you start using the accounting module in 24SevenOffice. Not all things are equally relevant in all companies, but we recommend reviewing the list to assess whether it is relevant to you.
- Good routines must be set about whether approval routines should be used and how the flow should be carried out. Find out how their company can best utilize the accounting system to suit their needs, and discuss this with your accountant.
- Setting up fiscal year .
- Review the Account Plan that is inside the system. If you need to use a different account plan than the standard Norwegian account plan, you can import the account plan yourself. In this case, it must be done before any invoices or accounting documents are entered in the client. Take a look at the General Account Import and Import Fields pages .
- Import companies / leads if it has not already been done or that these are entered manually when posting. We recommend using BizDex to enter one and one company.
- Import inbound balance .
- Go over document types .
- Skip number series .
- Optionally, set up several stamp number series .
- Notification .
- Rules .
- Setting up settings for customers / suppliers. Should your own settings be set up on specific customer cards, in which case? For example, if any customers or suppliers are to be set up against accounts receivable other than 1500 and 2400, it may be wise to set it up from the first moment to avoid having to keep this in mind when posting. Customers / suppliers settings are made by searching them in classic CRM and on the Settings tab.