Sales opportunities are recorded on the customer cards to keep track of customer communication in each sales process. This includes the opportunity to measure the number of active sales opportunities per seller, the expected closing date, the expected amount, etc., as well as measuring lost sales and the reason for the loss.
Opportunities are created as follows:
- Search for and select a customer in CRM.
- Go to the Opportunities tab.
- Click "New Opportunity."
The different registration fields
- Type: Define the type of sale. Can be defined under Administration and Settings.
- Source: Source of sales. Eg. DM, Google, referenced by existing customer. Can be defined under Administration and Settings.
- Step: Step in the process. Can also be called pipeline. Can be defined under Administration and Settings.
- First meeting
- final phase
Status: System-defined statuses:
- Closed - won
- Closed - lost
Rejection: When status is closed - lost, it is possible to register the reason for the opportunity being lost.
Can be defined under settings.
On an opportunity, you can link the following items:
Explanation to the seller
Here you can add sellers who will have commissions based on the amount entered in the Amount field on the opportunity. So far, it has been the case that the person who is the owner of the opportunity is the one on whom commission is counted in the reports. Sometimes more salespeople share commissions from a sale, and in order to avoid creating more sales opportunities in those cases we have done so that the reports use sellers on the sales opportunity to calculate commissions instead of owner.
You create merchants in the first tab at the bottom of a sales opportunity and set a percentage on each seller. This percentage will be used in reports to calculate how much each seller has.
For those who do not have multiple sellers on a sales opportunity
When you create a sales opportunity, a seller (the same as the owner) will be created with 100% share.
If there is 1 seller on a sale opportunity and you change owner, the seller will also be changed to the same as the new owner.
If there are multiple sellers inside, changing the owner will have no effect on the sellers.
Currently, some calculations are made when creating new sellers:
- If you add a new seller with eg 25%, the remaining sellers will get an equal share of the remaining 75%.
- If you delete a seller and there is only 1 seller left after deletion, this will get 100%.
- If you delete a seller and there are more sellers left, nothing will be done about the percentage of the remaining seller, but you will get a message that the total percentage is below 100%.
- If you change the percentage change on one of the sellers, no calculations will be made on the other sellers, but you will get a message stating how much the
total percentage is (if it is not 100%), so that you should remember to change the others.
The items above can be created via the buttons in the menu bar. In addition, there are buttons to create new orders as well as merge based on the selected customer.
When creating an order from the opportunity, it will be recorded that the order is a result of the opportunity in question.
Tasks, agreements and notes that are made in connection with an opportunity must be registered on that opportunity. This can be done either by opening the opportunity and registering tasks / appointments / notes from here. Or it can be done from calendar or from CRM, but then the opportunity must be selected manually.
All tasks, appointments and notes linked to the opportunity will be shown in the opportunity list.
In the CRM module you can search for opportunities in the same way as companies and contacts. Select the Opportunities icon as the search type and enter the keyword and tap the search icon. When you select an opportunity, the customer will open and the list of opportunities for that customer will appear at the bottom.
To delete opportunities, they must be highlighted in the list. You can highlight more opportunities by holding down the control (ctrl) button when you click. Press the "delete" button to delete the selected sales opportunities.
Sales Opportunities can be found by going to CRM - Reports and Sales Opportunities.